The school uniform is required for all students in Years 2 to 11. The school year 2023-24 marks the end of the transition period from the old uniform to the new one, so students must wear items with the new school logo only.
In June 2020, the visual identity of OIS changed. The uniform with the new visual identity can be bought in the school uniform shops mentioned below. The Parents’ Club regularly hold second hand sales throughout the year where items can be purchased at reduced prices.
Everyday Uniform Years 2-11
- Grey trousers or shorts/Grey skirt or trousers
- White polo shirt
- Grey socks or tights1
- All black shoes (including soles), without high heels, obvious logos or embellishments. During cold and wet periods, ankle boots are acceptable so long as they have flat heels and no logo embellishments.
- Light blue jumper (cotton or wool)
- Grey Hoodie
- Blue fleece
- Grey (MYP) or blue (PYP) softshell coat
- Blue Windbreaker
- Religious/cultural headwear is permitted for those who observe that specific faith
- Lab coat (MYP)
PHE Uniform Years 2-11
- Grey or school kit navy blue shorts2
- Light blue t-shirt
- Grey tracksuit
- Black OIS Leggings
- Appropriate Footwear3
- Light Blue Football socks
- Shin Pads
The school P.E. uniform, or the school designated team uniform and school tracksuit is compulsory for all sporting activities, both internal and external, and when travelling to participate in sporting activities and events.
House T-shirts are only to be worn during House Activities.
Shorts and skirts must be of an appropriate length for a school environment.
Please label all items of clothing.
1In Summer Term and up to mid-term break of Autumn Term, girls are allowed not to wear socks or tights, if suitable footwear is worn. No sandals are allowed.
2Shorts must have an appropriate fit.
3Training shoes designed for athletics rather than fashion or skate
Correct Shoe Guide
Sports shoes for use in PHE and teams must be suitable for sport but are not restricted by colour.
Years 12 and 13
- Clothes should be clean, tidy, socially and culturally acceptable.
- Students are NOT permitted to wear t-shirts with inappropriate slogans, spaghetti straps, strapless or low-cut tops or dresses, shorts and skirts above mid-thigh, backless sandals or ripped jeans. Shorter shorts may be worn over leggings. Shirts or tops should meet trousers or skirts, without exposing underwear. Hats or caps should not be worn inside the building.
Hair, Jewellery, Make-up and Mobiles
All pupils are expected to have clean and tidy hair. Extreme cuts and styles are unacceptable. Pupils below Year 12 are not allowed to wear any jewellery with the following exceptions:
- False/gel nails are not permitted if they pose a health and safety risk in PHE and Science lessons
- A maximum of two pairs of studs/sleeper earrings in each ear lobe
- Students below Year 12 should not wear any make-up in school
- In Year 12 and 13 discreet jewellery and make up may be worn
The Principal has discretion to decide what is acceptable in terms of hair, jewellery, and make-up.
- A lab coat is required for lab work in all science subjects
- Students are required to have a protractor, compass and ruler for maths. From Year 9 onwards, students should have a TI 84 calculator
- Students from year 4 onward are required to have a laptop for their studies
OIS Uniform Suppliers:
Avenida das Tulipas 27b, 1495-161 Miraflores
Tel: +351 214 837 187 Mobile: +351 932 666 007
Weekly deliveries at school every Thursday.