The school uniform is required for all students in Years 2 to 11. The school year 2021-22 marks a transition from the old uniform to the new one, and so students may wear either for the duration of the year. From 2022-23, only the new uniform will be accepted.
In June 2020, the visual identity of OIS changed. The uniform with this new visual identity will be ready to buy from our uniform suppliers from July 2021.
Everyday Uniform Years 2-11
- Grey trousers/shorts (boys)
- Grey skirt/trousers (girls)
- White polo shirt
- Grey socks or tights (girls only) 1
- All black shoes (including soles), without high heels, obvious logos or embellishments. During cold and wet periods, ankle boots are acceptable so long as they have flat heels and no logos or embellishments
- Light blue jumper (cotton or wool)
- Grey hoodie
- Blue fleece
- Blue or grey soft-shell coat
- Blue Windbreaker
- Lab coat
PHE Uniform Years 2-11
- Grey shorts or dark blue shorts
- Blue t-shirt
- Black OIS leggings for girls
- Grey tracksuit
- Light blue football socks
- Appropriate athletic footwear2
- Plimsolls (optional)
The school PHE uniform, or the school designated team uniform and school tracksuit is compulsory for all sporting activities, both internal and external, and when travelling to participate in sporting activities and events.
1In Summer Term and up to mid-term break of Autumn Term, girls are allowed not to wear socks or tights, if suitable footwear is worn. No sandals are allowed.
2Training shoes designed for athletics rather than fashion or skatewear.
Correct Shoe Guide
Years 12 and 13
- Clothing that is clean, tidy, socially and culturally acceptable
- Shorter shorts may be worn over leggings only
- The hem of shirts or tops should meet trousers or skirts, without exposing underwear or flesh
- Hats or caps should not be worn inside the buildings
- The following items are not permitted to be worn by senior students: T-shirts with inappropriate slogans, spaghetti straps, strapless or low-cut tops or dresses, shorts and skirts above mid-thigh, backless sandals or ripped jeans
Hair, Jewellery, Make-up and Mobiles
All pupils are expected to have clean and tidy hair. Extreme cuts and styles are unacceptable. Pupils below Year 12 are not allowed to wear any jewellery with the following exceptions:
- A maximum of two pairs of stud/sleeper earrings in each ear lobe
- Students below Year 12 should not wear make-up in school
- In Years 12 and 13 discreet jewelry and make-up may be worn
- Mobiles are not allowed out in common areas or classrooms unless directed by a teacher. We encourage socially responsible use that respects others.
The Principal has discretion to decide what is acceptable in terms of hair, jewelry and make-up.
- A lab coat is required for lab work in all science subjects
- Students are required to have a protractor, compass and ruler for maths. From Year 9 onwards, students should have a TI 84 calculator
- Students from year 4 onward are required to have a laptop or tablet computer for their studies
OIS Uniform Suppliers:
Avenida das Tulipas 27b, 1495-161 Miraflores
Tel: +351 214 837 187 Mobile: +351 932 666 007